Settled Status - Attention guardians and attorneys

Sep 01, 2020

The UK left the European Union (EU) on 31 January 2020. If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to retain your rights to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Where an adult EU citizen lacks mental capacity and a guardian or attorney has been appointed as their legal representative by this office, they should make an application for settled status on the adult’s behalf. Having settled or pre-settled status means you can:

  • work in the UK
  • use the NHS for free, if you can at the moment
  • enrol in education or continue studying
  • access public funds such as benefits and pensions, if you're eligible for them
  • travel in and out of the UK

Please visit UK Government website information about how to apply.